Thursday, May 19, 2005

Is it really Spring?

Soon after I wrote my last post, the weather once again returned to Winter conditions. What a dirty trick! It seems that this has been the "Year of Weird" for weather everywhere. I'm not sure if its due to global warming or not, but I do know that the weather has an effect on your mood. As I look out the window today, I see trees blowing and rain gently falling. That normally would lull me into a sense of peace, but yesterday it waas blue skies and sunshine, and people were driving around with the top down! Going from wonderful to dreary overnight makes it very difficult to spring into action (pardon the pun). I am expending a great deal of energy today, motivating myself to work. This poses a real problem because I'm self-employed, and if I don't work, I don't eat! Yesterday, people were smiling and willing to chat. Today, everyone is gloomy and in a hurry to just get through the day. Still others look up at the sky and will the sun to shine. They refuse to carry an umbrella or dress in warmer clothing, by golly its Spring, even if the weather will not cooperate! Well, I'm going to put on my sunglasses, pick up my umbrella and head out to drum up business. It may be cold outside, but in my heart it's Springtime baby!

Make it a great day! Karen

No comments: