Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Inbox Heaven - I Have Arrived!

by Karen D. Swim
Tonight, I have achieved inbox nirvana, yes that much rumored but desired state of zero messages. I began this journey thanks to Nick Cernis and his Inbox Heaven post. Tonight, I am enjoying ending my day with an empty inbox. Yes, tomorrow I will awaken to new messages but tonight I am reveling in the sheer joy of an empty inbox.

Do you want to achieve Inbox Heaven? Head on over to Nick's blog and use his step by step tips. I'm living proof it works!

Have a great evening and please stop in tomorrow for the third P in my Essential Ps of Business recipe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That's so funny, Karen. I just got myself a gmail account on Monday, and was planning on following Nick's advice on setting it all up. Isn't synchronicity a wonderful thing?
Amy
xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Karen! I'm thrilled to see people picking up on this and making it work for them. Your screenshot says it all!

Thanks for sharing (and thanks to Amy for pointing me here).

Anonymous said...

Karen, your timing couldn't be better with this post. I'm going crazy trying to reconfigure my AT&T email. Between AT&T and Outlook, nothing's working and I was thinking of chucking the whole thing and using my gmail account for everything. Now I know how to do it. THANKS!!

Unknown said...

@ Amy, synchronicity is indeed a thing of beauty! I am glad that I could show proof that Nick's method works.

@ Nick, thank you! I printed your post and followed your advice and it worked! There is such mental freedom that comes with a clean inbox. Now my next task is to read your new book! ;-) Thanks for stopping by!

@Brad, I am so glad that I can help. I also made the switch a few days after switching ISPs to att.com. I was using Thunderbird and could not get everything to work and Nick's post came at just the right moment. I of course had to adjust to seeing things differently but I love the archiving and conversation feature of Gmail. I also learned that half the crap I was keeping was totally a waste of space. Good luck!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the best? I push for this every day, and at a minimum, require it for the weekend.

Feels so sweet and clean!

Unknown said...

@Branden, sweet, clean and serene! :-) I have the same goal and it's nice to head into the weekend uncluttered. My brain needs freedom on the weekend. ;-)