by Karen D. Swim
A few weeks ago I was tagged by Joanna Young at Confident Writing to write on the topic "Eight random things about me." Never having participated in a meme I was both excited and petrified! Luckily for me it is a meme with loose rules, and no deadlines so I randomly selected today as the day to tackle the topic.
Joanna Young frequently writes these great ordered lists. As much as Joanna loves order, I love order and then disorder. Which leads me to my list:
- I like organizing and creating order and then changing the whole thing. You could say I'm fond of order and then reorder.
- My favorite color is red, no blue, no red but all of my clothes are black. Bright clothes make my head spin. Bright flowers, good, bright clothes make me feel like I'm on acid.
- One of my favorite movies is "Woo" with Jada Pinkett. It was not super popular and it's actually a little cheesy but it never fails to put me in a great mood. I've also seen Animal House more than 25 times. Oops does that count as 3 and 4?
- My mother remains my greatest hero and source of inspiration. She was smart, funny, honest, compassionate and my greatest supporter.
- I don't own a camera, any camera. When I want to take pictures, I just buy the disposable kind. I know, totally absurd.
- I am a natural born cheerleader. I love celebrating and encouraging others. Got a problem? I've got pom poms.
- I sat next to Nicholas Cage in high school journalism. He had a wry sense of humor and his pithy banter always drew a raised eyebrow from Mr. Chesterton.
- My favorite song as a kid was Teddy Bears on Parade. I marched and sang to it until the record broke.
Eight random things "rules"
- Each blogger must post these rules first.
- Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about him/herself.
- Bloggers who are tagged must write a post on their own blog about their eight things and must also include these rules in that post.
- Tagged bloggers need to select eight other bloggers, whom they tag to keep the meme going, and they must list the names of the chosen bloggers at the end of their blog posts.
- They then must leave each blogger a comment telling them that they’ve been tagged and that they should read the tagger's blog to learn more about the meme.
Photo Credit: MobileBurn, Flickr